Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Strange bedfellows

These days I find myself impatient and somewhat irritated around classic colour combos, driving me to maniacally exclaim "Saare ghar ke badal daloongi!" (loosely translated from an archaic Hindi ad voice over for a product I cant recall, this means "I will change everything in this damn house"). Greens and yellows, reds and oranges, blues and whites, greens and blues - combinations that had me oohing and aahing with harmonious pleasure in the past just strike me as plain boring now (maybe i am PMSing, but humour me!). So a techtonic shift (ok lets not get carried away, an incremental shift) is on the agenda. But seriously where do i begin?

While browsing around, came across some examples of what can be a good starting point to create an eye popping cacophony if not the perfect symphony of colours! Think i am going to have some fun turning things around!



A bright peacock tattoo becomes a wall inspiration.


Withered leaves lead to a multi hued wall treatment.


A Tibetan neckpiece you own could inspire this bright and casual lounge design.



A pile of towels could be the beginning of this ethnic motif headboard and upholstery.



A multicoloured jute bag could lead to this chic living room.


Images courtsey Marie Claire Maison, Domino, Salia jewellery.

No comments:

Post a Comment